- Latest News
- The Company You Keep (sermon)
- Avalon Library Events - 2/10 thru 2/19
- Celebrate "Pop Des Fleurs" at the Hermann Museum
- Sacred Heart Church Irish Festival
- NHCO - March Events
- Bellevue Police Reports - 1/28 thru 1/31
- The Go-Ahead of You God (sermon)
- Rotary Club Donates Dictionaries to Bellevue and Avalon Elementary
- Avonworth Students Win Scholastic Art Awards
- Bayne Library Events - 1/25 thru 3/4
- Northgate Superintendent Moves to Bethel Park School District
- NHCO - Open Your Heart to a Senior
- Northgate School District - News 2015 - 2016
- Avonworth School District - Mrs Frew Wins Creative Award
- The Hermann Museum - Alan Byrne (Bellevue Artist) - 1/8 thru 2/28
- Avalon Police Reports
- Northgate School District
- Avonworth School District
- Shenango to Close in January
- Avonworth Named to AP Honor Roll List
- Looking for Pictures of JFK Visit to North Boroughs
- North Boroughs YMCA Community Swim Program
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership Events and News
- New Horizons - Peer Support Center
- Are You Aware? Find Out About Crime in Your Community
- Looking for a Job?
Word of the Day--Invidious
Kathleen Blauth, Bellevue
Ronald J. Malenky, Pittsburgh
"Pop Des Fleurs" Comes to the Hermann Museum in Bellevue
After many months of hard work, the Hermann Museum is decorated with hundreds of artificial flowers made from recycled plastic bags and crocheted fibers. This is all part of the city wide "Pop Des Fleurs" project. These facinating garlands, bouquets and potted "plants" have been provided by local artists: Susan Matthews, Cathy O'Brian, Judy Fichter and Vicky Ivancik. Others, such as Todd Glotfelty, provided some assistance. According to an article in the Tribune Review, The Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh is hoping to ignite interest in the next Fiberarts International, coming May 6th. The Hermann Museum will be displaying the decorations until the end of April. On Friday, March 4th, eleven artists will be holding a wine and cheese reception to kick off the two month exhibit. Click Here for more details.
The Ben Avon Area Historical Association (BAAHA) is looking for copies of old photos of John F. Kennedy's visit to Pittsburgh in October of 1962 for a future program and for our archives. JFK was in a motorcade that traveled up the Ohio River Boulevard on Friday, October 12th from Aliquippa to downtown Pittsburgh and then on to McKeesport and Monessen. During this ride, he went through the North Boros and stopped at Holy Family Institute. We are looking for old photos that residents of the North Boros or Holy Family employees may have taken during his trip. If anyone has a photo of this event, we would appreciate it if they would scan it and send it to :
Thank you for your help in preserving the history of the North Boros.
Looking for a Job?
- More Jobs
- More Help Finding Them
- More Choices
Words of Faith:
"The Company You Keep"
Sermon by Rev Dr Andrew Purves
Looking for a Job?
Looking for an Employee?
Post Announcements and Best Wishes for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
Did you serve in the Corps?
Would you like to help other Marines?
Become a member of the:
3 Rivers Leatherneck Detachment #310
Fact..... Epilepsy affects over 3 million Americans of all ages – more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease combined. Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United States. Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.